Browse Items (4 total)
The Cemetery for Negro Citizens of Salado, Texas was established in 1879 after a donation of land by Col. Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson. The cemetery sits on 1.8 acres of land slight northwest of the Robertson Family Plantation.
Col. Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson was a Texas patriot, town founder of Salado and Confederate War Hero.
The house slave quarters at the Robertson Family Plantation were constructed in the early 1860's to accommodate the growing population of slaves. It remains in its original architectural condition. The slave quarters inside big house also have a…
Receipt for six slaves dated January 9th, 1836 This is a receipt for six slaves purchased by S. M Hagerty.