Browse Items (6 total)

Photo Image

The Cemetery for Negro Citizens of Salado, Texas was established in 1879 after a donation of land by Col. Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson. The cemetery sits on 1.8 acres of land slight northwest of the Robertson Family Plantation.

Photo Image

Col. Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson was a Texas patriot, town founder of Salado and Confederate War Hero.

The house slave quarters at the Robertson Family Plantation were constructed in the early 1860's to accommodate the growing population of slaves. It remains in its original architectural condition. The slave quarters inside big house also have a…

JPEG

The House Slave Quarters were adjacent to main house of the Robertson Plantation. The limestone structure was built in the early 1860's and has the original wood floors.

This item details the sale of a male Negro to Elijah Sterling Clark Robertson in 1853. It includes a description of his age, his complexion and the amount that Robertson paid for him.